Got a hot date this weekend and desperately need to get rid of your annoying split ends but don’t want to spend a bomb at the saloon? Today is your lucky day! No, we don’t have hair saloon vouchers to give away…even better, we have home remedies to help you not only solve your problems but possibly save you some cash!
Here are some home remedies to tackle split ends:
Eggs are rich in protein and essential fatty acids that help treat split ends. Because your hair is primarily made up of protein, eggs help strengthen the hair follicles. Plus, they will make your hair smooth, reduce tangles, and enhance resistance to breakage.
You can use an egg hair mask once a week on a regular basis. Brush out your hair first to prevent tangles.
- Whisk an egg yolk and mix in two or three tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of honey.
- Work it into damp hair, leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off. Finally, shampoo your hair.
- Alternatively, whisk an egg with one teaspoon of almond oil. Apply on damp hair. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes before rinsing it out and then shampoo your hair.
Avocado works as an excellent deep conditioner to create lustrous locks. It is loaded with protein, essential fatty acids, folic acid, magnesium, vitamins A, D and E, and other nutrients that nourish your hair and stimulate growth. Avocado also has hair-softening properties.
- Mash one ripe avocado and mix in two tablespoons each of olive oil and coconut oil until you get a creamy consistency.
- Apply this hair mask liberally on your hair (avoid the roots).
- Leave it on for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off and then shampoo your hair.
- Do this on a weekly basis, or two to three times a month.
Being rich in natural oils, potassium, zinc, iron, and vitamins A, C, and E, bananas help restore your hair’s natural elasticity and minimize breakage. Plus, they soften and moisturize your hair, encourage hair repair, and improve manageability.
- Process one ripe banana, two tablespoons of plain yogurt and a little rose water and lemon juice in a blender.
- Apply this banana hair mask on your hair.
- Leave it on for one hour and then wash it off.
- Repeat once or twice a week.
Voila! You’re ready for your date now! You can thank us later after you get tons of compliments for your luscious-split ends free-soft hair.